Divorce Law in Sherwood Park

Drastic life transitions, such as a divorce, can be an emotionally and financially difficult time for both parties as well as children. If your marriage has broken down beyond repair and you are considering filing for divorce, it is in your best interest to seek paralegal assistance. At Verhaeghe Law Office, we specialize in collaboration divorce, but we are always prepared to go to court and fight vigorously on your behalf. We believe that resolving disputes in a collaborative manner will help clients move forward with eas, knowing they had a say in the outcome. Through negotiation and mediation, we can also save our clients a significant amount of time, money, and energy.

Grounds for Divorce in Sherwood Park

The breakdown of a marriage in Canada may be for one or more of the following reasons:

  • Separation: Married couples must be living in separate dwellings for at least one year. In some instances, you can live together in the same household, as long as you are not living together as a couple.
  • Adultery: Adultery refers to sexual intercourse between a spouse and another individual outside the marriage. This is referred to as 'No Fault Divorce'.
  • Cruelty: Otherwise known as 'For Fault Divorce'. In this case, one spouse is attempting to prove that the other spouse is responsible for the breakdown of the marriage either by emotional or physical abuse.

Professional & Experienced Paralegal Assistance in Sherwood Park

Divorce is never a pleasant experience, but the right legal team can make matters a whole lot easier. With the lawyers at Verhaeghe Law Office by your side, you will benefit from the experience and knowledge of lawyers who are committed to providing you with the highest level of personalized service. We can help you with a wide range of matters, including child custody, child support, and alimony. For additional information or if you would like to schedule a consultation, we encourage you to get in touch with us today.

Contact us for a free consultation today.

PHONE: (587) 410-2500 to contact one of our Lawyers

Please click for rural office locations